On my to-do list was making place cards for the board members since we were to host a table or two each.
So, I wanted to make something more special than just an ordinary card and this is how they turned out:
How I did:
- I bougt letters of cardboard at my local craftshop.
- I printed out old photographs I had scanned on my computer. Cut them in the right sized and glued them onto the letter.
- On the other side of the letter I glued paper with nice patterns, like scrapbooking paper. On one letter I also glued an copy of an old document.
- I used glitter glue to decorate, both around the letter and on the pictures.
- I glued a nametag on the letter.
- On the bottom I typed the date and the name of the person or persons in the picture.
At my table I had an L of course. In the picture was my grandmothers uncle Voldemar Verno (a blog post about him: http://cousinlinda.blogspot.se/2014/02/sibling-saturday-part-5-voldermar-verno.html ) which led to an discussion about doing genealogy in Estonia and cyrillic handwriting.