Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wedding Wednesday - Blomberg in Brandenburg, Germany

Most of my more or less distant ancestors that emigrated went to the US. I have spent quite some time digging into on-line American genealogy resources so I find when its says America in the Moving to-column in the Swedish church books rather exciting.

Also, some of them went to Denmark. Not too bad but I haven't really had the time to dig that much in the Danish archives. But when it says Germany I feel it might just as well said "the moon" and I quickly turn around and away from that brick wall.

That is way I rolled my eyes when my 26-year old Carolina Blomgren with her six-month baby-girl born out of wedlock Anna Mathilda went to Brandenburg, Germany in 1880. That was the last thing I would see about them I thought.

But then suddenly, weeks later, the leaves began to shake at ancestry.com, record hint about Anna Mathilda. And it was a match.

Anna Mathilda Blomgren, born in Karlskrona, Sweden, November 16 in 1879 on October 22 in 1904 married Ferdinand Friedrich Christian Krüger in Prenzlau, Brandenburg, Germany. The record also states she is the daughter of Karolina Hangohr, born Blomgren.




Suddenly I find some more matching records. Ferdinand dies in December 1916 and Anna Mathilda married Johan August Max Lasser on May 2 in 1919.

I notice that in some records Blomgren is spelled Blumgrenn and that generates even more records. Carolina had a son, Wilhelm Ernst Hangohr in 1884. And he got married in Berlin 1909 to Johanna Ernestine.

Thanks to that first marriage record, my German immigrants doesn't feel like such a big brick wall anymore.

The databases on Ancestry.com where I found the information:
Prenzlau, Germany, Marriages, 1874-1923
Prenzlau, Germany, Births, 1874-1901
Berlin, Germany, Marriages, 1874-1920

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!แทงบอล

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slot Game 6666 เว็บเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มีเกมคาสิโนรวมไว้มากมายกว่า 1000 เกม pg slot สามารถเล่นได้ผ่านโทรศัพท์มือถือ หรือคอมพิวเตอร์ เพียงแค่คุณมีอินเตอร์เน็ต

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pg Slot สล็อต เว็บตรง เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริง แจกหนัก แตกหนัง กับ เว็บ pg-slot.game ของเรา ที่กำลังมาแรง แซงเว็บเกมอันดับต้น ๆ ไปหมดแล้ว สมัครสมาชิกได้แล้ววันนี้

    ReplyDelete
  5. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง PG-สล็อต เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete
  6. สล็อต พีจี มีทั้งเกมสล็อตและยิงปลา รวมแล้วมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น อย่างจุใจภาพสวยและแจ็คพอตแตกง่ายที่สุด พีจี เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริง เล่นเกมสล็อต กับพีจี แจ็คพอตแตกง่ายที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  7. เครดิตฟรี เพียงสมัครเข้ามาเป็นสมาชิกที่เว็บไซต์ของพวกเราเพียงแค่นั้น pg รับฟรีไปเลยในทันที เอาไปใช้เล่นเกมได้จริง มีสิทธิ ลุ้นเครดิตฟรี ได้อีกทั้งสมาชิกเก่า และก็ สมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete