Monday, September 2, 2013

Motivation Monday - September goals

Remember the goals for August?


  1. Order muster rolls for Andrew Richardson from the Wisconsin Veteran Museum. (15 minutes) 
  2. Do the DNA test. (15 minutes) 
  3. Finish the research from my friend 
  4. Register headstones at Fleninge Cemetery at http://www.genealogi.se/gravproj/Gravsoklist.php

1: No
2: No
3: Part 1 and 2 done
4: Yes

And then it was the familyreunion the last weekend of August, had a great time meeting some relatives I had never met before.

Another thing I did this month, I got really inspired by Genea-Opportunities 2013 by Thomas MacEntee. Those posts are really worth reading.  I also got inspired by on how to use Excel for track tasks, projects and progress, a video made by Thomas MacEntee as well. I watched the video, loved the idea and built my own spreadsheet for my projects and tasks. I like using Excel and I wish I could use it more. Anyhow, I have so many things I want to do, just writing them down in my spreadsheet made them seem less overwhelming. Now I check my projectspreadsheet while having breakfast so I know what to do during the upcoming day. It might be a special email I need to write or ideas for upcoming blogposts.

Goals for September:


  1. Order muster rolls for Andrew Richardson from the Wisconsin Veteran Museum. (15 minutes) 
  2. Do the DNA test. (15 minutes) 
  3. Write at least seven blogposts




Unknown place and unknown people

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    It sounds like you did a fantastic job with your goals if you ask me! Thank you especially for registering headstones at that website. And thanks for the link. I looked at that website for Gillberg relatives.

    Thank you also for leaving a comment on my blog about Carl Martin Gillberg. I turns out I didn't receive your email. I have emailed you today. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    Thanks again for this information and for the link to the Swedish Tombstone Inventory website.

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-september-6.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete