Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past - DIY Bracelet




I made a bracelet for my mother for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. I printed out photos of my second great grandmothers, Marie Tedder and Karna Nilsdotter Rickard, my great grandmothers Julia Verno and Hanna Persson and my grandmother Ludmila Seck. I glued them onto small photo framependants I found at my local craft store and then attached them to a leather bracelet.

It took some hours to make it, first to get the right proportion of the pictures, I did have to print them out a couple of times before I got them right. Then deciding the design of the bracelet and getting the pendants to stay in place. But I think it turned out quite nice in the end. And now I want a bracelet like that of my own.



*UPDATE*



4 comments:

  1. How did you get them to hang right and stay put?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, To get the pendants to stay put and work against gravity I used small metal rings I got from my local craft store. I put one on each side of the pendant, uning a pair of pincers to attach them really tight around the leather strap.
      /Linda

      Delete
  2. good thoughts and suggestions to each and every readers through this article.Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and 
    ดูบอลสด
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน
    ผลบอลสด

    ReplyDelete