Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past - DIY Bracelet




I made a bracelet for my mother for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. I printed out photos of my second great grandmothers, Marie Tedder and Karna Nilsdotter Rickard, my great grandmothers Julia Verno and Hanna Persson and my grandmother Ludmila Seck. I glued them onto small photo framependants I found at my local craft store and then attached them to a leather bracelet.

It took some hours to make it, first to get the right proportion of the pictures, I did have to print them out a couple of times before I got them right. Then deciding the design of the bracelet and getting the pendants to stay in place. But I think it turned out quite nice in the end. And now I want a bracelet like that of my own.



*UPDATE*



3 comments:

  1. How did you get them to hang right and stay put?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, To get the pendants to stay put and work against gravity I used small metal rings I got from my local craft store. I put one on each side of the pendant, uning a pair of pincers to attach them really tight around the leather strap.
      /Linda

      Delete