Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sport Center Saturday - Playing soccer in Tving 1930

This is a picture from Tving taken 1930. One of the players is my grandmothers brother, Arthur Ringö (born Jönsson).

Playing soccer in 1930
What I like about this picture is the variety of clothes. Some of the boys are dressed up with a suit and bow tie, someone with pants and a white shirt and one in an overall. Awesome.

Tving is a place in Blekinge close to Karlskrona and Ronneby. In 2010, 459 people lived in Tving.

Tving

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to Geneabloggers! Glad I read about your blog & got to visit. Enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Geneabloggers Linda! You're off to a great start with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, that was one of the first things I noticed about the photograph, too: the variety of clothing styles! I don't suppose the boys would be playing soccer wearing suits. Hopefully, they are just posing for the photographer. You never know, though--I have a picture of a man in the 1920s working on his car, and wearing a dress shirt and slacks. Thankfully, he set his suit jacket aside and rolled up his sleeves before getting under the car!

    Found your blog today, thanks to GeneaBloggers. Best wishes to you as you continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, I really hope they didnt have to play in those clothes. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Joining the GeneaBlogger family is one of the best things Ive done, I have really been overwhelmed with bloglove those last days. And it gives me motivation to keep writing and sharing :D

    ReplyDelete