Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Trees - 1 December 2014 Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories

When I grew up, in my family, the Christmas tree moved in on December 23rd, always. Usually it was I and my dad who decorated the tree while mom was preparing the food for Christmas.

Then for a while I lived in an apartment with no room for a tree, and I missed having a Christmas tree a lot.

Lately, since we moved to the house, the tree moves in a couple of days before Christmas Eve which makes it feel like Christmas lasts longer. The tree never is thrown out before January 13, you know "tjugonda Knut - då ska julegranen ut".

So, the perfect tree might as well as being totally symmetric also be a tree with a lot of personality. I think most any tree looks beautiful when you got it decorated with the Christmas lights and ornaments. If the tree is not perfect, it is usually very charming in my opinion.

I try to have a different color theme every year. Red and silver ornaments mixed looks nice and traditional. Or just silver. And the dog likes the trees as well :)
Christmas tree of 2011 - and the dog


Unidentified people and unknown place. But they have a nice Christmas Tree




During December 2014 I will blog inspired by the blog prompts of Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories at Genabloggers.com.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.

I have also joined #blogg24, a blogchallenge to post a blogpost everyday started by Fredrik Pallin from December 1st until December 24.



No comments:

Post a Comment