Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Cards - 2 December 2014 Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories

Christmas Cards. I love them. I save them all. And I love sending them even if there have been years when I just ran out of time and didn't have the time to send any.

When I was a kid, my mother made a nice "book" to me. She pasted nice looking postcards in it and I liked to look at those cards. There are cards of cute kittens, postcards of cities and of course Christmas cards.

One of my favorite is sent from Estonia, from a friend of my grandmother. It is the bear Misha who was the mascot of the 1980 summer olympics in Moscow, in the former Soviet union. He is standing there next to a Christmas tree decorating it.


Misha decorating his Christmas tree.

Another card I have in this book is by Jenny Nyström (1846 - 1954), very famous in Sweden for her Christmas themed art.


En glad och trevlig jul - A happy and nice Christmas by Jenny Nyström




During December 2014 I will blog inspired by the blog prompts of Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories at Genabloggers.com.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.

I have also joined #blogg24, a blogchallenge to post a blogpost everyday started by Fredrik Pallin from December 1st until December 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment