Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Tree decorations - 15 December 2014 Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories

I don't have a lot of variation of Christmas Tree decorations. I usually decide a color theme and use silver and blue or red decorations. Its only perhaps the last 10+ or so  years there has been other than the traditional ornament available to buy here in Sweden. I mean the ones that look like cupcakes, lipstick or a Ninja turtle. I like those old traditional the most, especially ones that looks like birds, made out of glass.

In the picture is a photo of a Christmas Tree from 1942 taken by my grandfather. In the top is a star and under it looks like it is the Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Icelandic flag. There are som ornaments looking like snowstorm and it looks like a Santa and a gingerbread cookie lady made out of yarn are hanging there as well. Sparkles, which I loved (and still do) and a couple of candles. And some glitter.

Christmas Tree in Sweden, 1942



During December 2014 I will blog inspired by the blog prompts of Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories at Genabloggers.com.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.

I have also joined #blogg24, a blogchallenge to post a blogpost everyday started by Fredrik Pallin from December 1st until December 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment